Why Choose Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Cinco Ranch East’s Kindergarten?
Our private Kindergarten program offers your child a standards-based curriculum incorporated with engaging learning stations and a variety of creative educational activities. Each week your child will navigate through academic lessons and literature-based activities that are all based on national and state standards.
The goal of our program is to meet the needs of each student while implementing positive learning strategies and encouraging personal development.
Our Kindergarten program is comprised of six academic categories: Social Studies, Science, Language, Mathematics, Character Development, and Creative Expression. Students participate in a combination of individualized and group assignments. All activities help to reinforce student understanding of the subject material and builds independent and cooperative learning skills.
Our Private Kindergarten program is enriched with a standards-based curriculum, wonderful learning stations, and an abundance of creative learning activities students will enjoy. It is based on national and state standards with weekly units comprised of academic lessons and literature-based activities. Our program's goal is to meet the needs of each student while implementing positive learning strategies.
The Kids 'R' Kids Cinco ranch East, Katy Kindergarten curriculum is designed for continuous educational growth also referred as G.Y.M. Curriculum (Growing Young Minds)
· Language Activities helps children build their language skills, with concentrations on reading, writing, and speaking. This phonicsbased program includes mastering the concepts of beginning and ending sounds, blending sounds, sight words, comprehension and vocabulary. By November our student’s goal is to learnto write and take weekly spelling tests.
· Mathematics Activities develop children's understanding of number concepts as well as beginning arithmetic and problem-solving skills.Children explore concepts including number recognition, counting, sorting, grouping, calendar, spatial relations, shapes, categorizing, patterning, graphing, less than, greater than, addition and subtraction.
· Social Studies Activities provide daily enrichments that include topics like: Culture, People, Places, Texas, Community, Exploring our world, Celebrating our land, States & capitals, Transportation, Reduce & recycle.
· Science Activities develop children’s urge of exploration, investigation and problem-solving! Children discuss land, air, water, living and non-living things, trees, flowers, hygiene, and our five senses. In January the teacher conducts hands on “Science projects gallery” where parents are invited to a live show where students perform science experiments.
· Creative Expressions help discover their inner self and develop their own unique personality. Dramatic Play encourages individual and group role play activities with realistic and imaginary props.
· Character Development is important in growing up to be a good neighbor and citizen. Learning to be responsible, fair, respectful, tolerant and honest are just a few of the traits along with many more which are taught through reading books, acting out stories, putting puppet show or going on a field trip to witness a real life scene.
The Following Stations have a special spot in the classroom:
- Construction Station develops spatial awareness through stacking, sorting, building, and recreating.
- Library Station promotes independent reading and a love of books.
- Sensory Station allows children to experiment with a variety of materials.
The Following Classes are an integral part of our curriculum conducted once a week.
Spanish Language, Arts, Computers, Music, Physical Education
At Kids ‘R’ Kids of Cinco Ranch East we are passionate about being The First Step to Higher Education™ for your child. Whether your young learner is just starting out in our Infant classroom or participating in our After School care, we provide the best in education and care while having a lot of fun! Contact us today for more information about our programs.